The ORTEC PINS3-CF is a Portable Isotopic Neutron Spectroscopy (PINS) non-destructive assessment system that analyzes and provides on-site identification information about the contents of unidentified or suspect chemicals inside thick steel unopened containers. The system is designed to identify chemicals inside a container without the need for disassembly, contact, physical sampling or breech, and is being deployed as part of national counter-terrorist equipment assets for providing a safe means of identifying the contents of “suspect” packages. The PINS3-CF is simple and easy to use with the addition of the ORTEC trans-SPEC-N mechanically cooled high purity germanium spectrometer. The trans-SPEC-N has been specifically designed and tested to replace existing liquid nitrogen cooled detectors currently used for neutron chemical assay systems and provides the necessary field spectroscopy readings for non-intrusive chemical identification.
- no liquid nitrogen required.
- uses a mechanically cooled, field deployable gamma spectrometer (ortec trans-spec-n).
- auto analysis of chemicals and explosives.
- ruggedized laptop with chemical analysis and identification software.
- 12 hour runtime with external rechargeable battery.
- lightweight measurement stand.
- uses a small californium-252 neutron source.
- usb and power cables.
- safety kit.
- hardened wheeled transport case.
Do you want to know more about the Pins3-CF?
Please contact your PEO expert.
If you want to continue your search for additional information on this product try this link.