Gammex’s Multi Energy CT phantom has been developed to quantify iodine, patient equivalent tissues and to check the consistency of CT scanners.
One of the questions during quality checks may be whether the iodine concentration shown is the correct one. Especially between different models or even within identical scanners, there may be differences in constancy. With this phantom it is possible to classify materials such as iodine, metals and tissue equivalent materials.
The tissue equivalent rods (bars) are provided with an identification marker, which automatically recognizes and analyzes the tissue through the new rapidCHECK 2.0 software.
With an additional set of tissue rods, the same phantom serves as an AED (Advanced Electron Density) phantom and thus the CT can be calibrated for irradiation plans.
Multi Energy CT Phantom – Gammex (Maarten Peters)
- extensive testing of Multi Energy CT performance;
- single-pour phantom (no superfluous loose components);
- easily slide tissue equivalent rods into phantom;
- quantifying different materials / tissues at different pipe stresses;
- automatic recognition and analysis in RapidCHECK 2.0 thanks to rod-marker technology;
- easy combination with ACR464 phantom, iqModules and AED phantom.
- In both head (20 cm) and body (40 cm x 30 cm) 2 mg / ml iodine bar configurations, test quantification accuracy by mAs for 10 fast kVp switching Multi Energy CT scanners.
|In-plane Dimensions:||40.0 cm (15.7 in) x 30.0 cm (11.8 in)|
|Depth:||16.5 cm (6.3 in), up to 26.5 cm (10.2 in) with extension plates|
|Material:||Diameter of Removable Head Section: 20.0 cm (7.87 in) HE CT Solid Water®|
|Interchangeable Inserts:||18 solid inserts plus 1 true water container, each|
tagged with a CT visible rod identification code
|4 Iodine Inserts with|
|4 inserts with concentrations of 2.0,|
5.0, 10.0, and 15.0 mg/mL
|3 Iodine Inserts with|
|5.0 mg/mL concentration at|
diameters of 2.0, 5.0, and 10.0 mm
|3 Calcium Inserts:||Calcium concentrations of 50, 100, and 300 mg/mL|
|3 Blood [iron] Inserts:||Blood-mimicking material at relative electron|
densities of 1.03, 1.07, and 1.10
|2 Blood [iron] with Iodine Inserts:||Blood-mimicking material plus iodine at 2.0 and 4.0 mg/mL|
|3 Tissue-Mimicking Inserts:||High-Equivalency Brain, High Equivalency Adipose, High Equivalency CT Solid Water|
|Weight:||15.5 kg (34.1 lbs)|
|Case:||Wheeled case is included|
|Stand:||Stand is included|