Ortec, founded in 1960, provides state of the art solutions in many areas of nuclear / spectroscopic measurements and detection.
High-technology instrumentation is designed and manufactured by Ortec and used for basic scientific studies of the structure and behavior of the atom, for physics and biomedical research, and for industrial areas associated with nondestructive materials analysis.
The Ortec product line of over 1600 products includes equipment and instruments for:
- nuclear power plant
- government nuclear facility operations
- special nuclear material safeguards
- fundamental research
- high quality High Purity Germanium (HpGe) detector systems
- the first fully integrated Ethernet-based hardware and software platform to allow connection of equipment anywhere in a facility, configure, control, and analyze data on any hardware from anywhere at any time
- the continuous development of PC-based GammaVision® and AlphaVision quantitative spectroscopy, powerful and easy to use software packages
- integrated DSP-based hardware systems (the DSPEC and DSPEC-Plus) for High Purity Germanium detectors which improve the performance and stability of the gamma spectroscopy counting systems
- fully-integrated DSP-based portable Multi Channel Analyzer designed to operate in the field for a full working day without external PC
- the first (and only) low-cost mechanical cooler for High Purity Germanium detectors
- the first commercially available High Purity Germanium-base portable nuclide identifier
product categories Ortec